Turquoise, carpeted, floor creaking with every step as I walk down the aisle.
I take my seat and my heart blackened with transgression tries to
find some kind of apology to consol my being.
I hear the sweet sentiments through songs that I need to bring me comfort in my everlasting pain.
Then I hear the sweet words of a wise man upfront, telling me that it will be okay I am forgiven if I walk with my Father.
Later I hear of the gracious works that He has bestowed in the lives of these wonderful individuals, as well as the sorrows of lost loved ones, or answers to what He has done in the lives of these people around me.
I sit in silence as I weep for those in pain and feel my heart leap for joy for those whose lives are fulfilled. Later as I again sit in the silence, I ask to be forgiven, so that I can go Home.
[…] and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. Luke 24:47 (NKJ)
11/9/07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment